Zapier allows you to easily connect two web apps, so you can integrate any two pieces of software together. This guide will explain how to connect your Senta and Zapier accounts together.
The first time you use Senta with Zapier, you will need to go through the steps below. Once you have set up your first “Zap”, you will not need to do this again.
Enabling Zapier in Senta
1. As an administrator on your Senta workspace (e.g. https://myworkspace.senta.co ) go to Settings > General settings, then on the Extras tab turn on the Zapier integration.
Please note that while this feature is still in beta, you will need to ask a member of the support team to turn this on, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. A new Zapier tab will appear under General settings, where you configure which Senta fields you want to make visible to Zapier, in order to exchange data. By default a set of common fields will be enabled, as below:
The example column will show details of the data that will be used for testing when you set up zaps.
You can set how many contacts per client may be added or updated in Senta via actions by updating the number in the box where it says "Show 1 contact(s)".
We do not enable all fields by default - partly for security, and partly to simplify the user interface for you when creating Zaps in Zapier.
Further fields can be added by clicking Add field and then choosing one or more fields from the various customised forms in your Senta workspace:
Please note that you can select multiple fields by holding the “Ctrl” / “⌘” key when clicking.
3. Be sure to save any changes you might make:
4. Finally, go into Settings > Users, the Integrations tab - there should be a user called “Zapier” that has been created for you. Click into that user.
5. Select Generate API Key - you will get a warning about “This will prevent any previous key from working” - click Generate, and take a note of the long “API key” that has been generated - you will need this later to configure Zapier.
Adding your Senta account in Zapier
When you first set up a Zap in Zapier that makes use of Senta (either as a “trigger” or as an “action”), you will need to connect Zapier to your Senta account.
1. In order to do this, when prompted in Zapier to Choose account as below…
2. ...choose the Add a New Account option from the dropdown.
3. A popup window will appear like this:
4. Fill in the address of your Senta workspace, and the API key from the section “Enabling Zapier in Senta” above.
5. Finally click Yes, Continue - this new account is now stored within Zapier for whenever you want to connect with Senta.