Using the "Client Updated in Senta" trigger, you can then update data in other Zapier apps using information from Senta.
If you haven’t already done so, make sure to turn on the Zapier integration in Senta - see Connecting Senta to Zapier.
For the purposes of this example we will update a Mailchimp account whenever the primary contact of a company is added
1. In Zapier, click Make a Zap.
2. Name your Zap in the top left, in this case "When a Senta client is updated, add their email address to Mailchimp".
3. Choose an App & Event to be the source of the data, in this case we’ll choose “Senta”, “Client updated in Senta”.
4. When asked to “Choose Account”:
a. if you have previously set up Zapier with Senta, choose that account.
b. otherwise, choose “Add account”, then follow the instructions in Connecting Senta to Zapier.
5. Once you have chosen the Senta account:
Click Test & Review - Zapier will connect to your Senta account, and pull some example data, e.g:
6. Click Done editing to move to the next step:
7. Click the + icon to search for an App to connect to - in this example we will search for “Mailchimp”, but of course you can use the data from Senta with more than 2,000 apps.
8. Choose Mailchimp, then Choose Action Event “Add/Update Subscriber”
9. At this point you will need to choose a Mailchimp account - you may already have connected one to Zapier; if not, choose Add account and follow the instructions.
10. You should now be at “Customize Subscriber”, which is where we will connect the fields coming from Senta (email address, first name, last name) with their corresponding fields in Mailchimp.
11. For “Audience”, choose one of the audiences you have set up in Mailchimp:
12. For “Subscriber email”, click in Type or Insert, then click Client updated in Senta, then click Contact1.Email (you may need to click Show all options for this last to appear) - it should look like this:
13. For the remaining fields, it is optional whether you wish to bring them across from Senta into Mailchimp. In the example below we are bringing “First name” and “Last name”:
14. Click “Continue”, and we are now ready to test our Zap:
15. Click Test & Review - after a few moments of chugging, you should see something similar to the following:
If we briefly jump over to our Mailchimp account, we should see a new audience member has appeared :
16. At this point, you’re good to go - click Done editing, and don’t forget to Turn your Zap on:
17. “Your Zap will run instantly each time a new an updated client is created”
18. Now each time a client is created or updated in Senta, the contact details will be immediately pushed to Zapier, which will update/create a corresponding subscriber in Mailchimp!