Laurence from the Senta support team takes you through an example of how to use Auto chase on your email tasks
Text version of this tutorial:
Auto chase can be really useful when you want to set up automatically generated emails reminding your client to complete an important task, such as uploading documents.
1) Go to Settings > Jobs and select the Job that contains your send email task. Click on the Tasks tab.
2) Click on the Send email task you wish to add autochase feature to
3) Go to the email tab and Tick the 'Auto chase' box. This will add a new 'Auto chase' tab.
4) Click on the Auto chase tab, and set a frequency for your chase emails to occur:
5) Choose the subsequent task in the Job which the auto chase is dependent on. The auto chase emails will be sent at the frequency you specify until this task is completed.
Please note, this step must be completed or the auto chase task will not be generated when the email task runs in any live jobs.
6) You can additionally choose to set a cut off date for the chase emails, or a maximum number of chases.
7) Choose a number of variation emails to be sent, e.g. You could have 2 different versions of the email send as auto chases. If the chase gets sent out more times than the number of variants you have in place, for example 4 chases but only 2 variants, Senta will keep sending the last variant. For example:
Chase 1 - Variant 1 email
Chase 2 - Variant 2 email
Chase 3 - Variant 2 email
Chase 4 - Variant 2 email
If you select no additional variants, the client will receive the same email each time.
8) Click on 'Chase 1', 'Chase 2' etc, and draft these emails. You might like to use different wording for these to the original email:
9) Once you've finished editing, click OK on the task, then click Save on the Job. Choose Update existing Jobs when prompted if you wish to update all current Jobs of this type you have in process.
Once this is set up, from now on your initial email will go out, and if the required task is not completed by the frequency specified, the subsequent chase email tasks will be created.
Please note: if you do not send one of the chase emails e.g. chase 1, then Senta will not create any further chase emails. Additionally, there is a 10-chase limit on the Auto chase feature so once your email chases have reached the 10th chase, there will be no further chase emails produced.
Setting up Auto chase for an upload or signing request
We can use the Auto chase feature to chase a client about a signing or upload request.
To set up an auto chase for a signing request, set up the signing request task in the job template with a task type of Electronic signing and assign to a user in Senta. I have assigned this task to the Account manager:
The Sender and Signer will be set as follows (not forgetting to include instructions for the client to view in their Client portal):
I have set the dependency to be based on my previous Fill in form task so that this task will not become Ready until that task has been completed:
Now we need to add a Send email task which is assigned to a Senta user and move the task to be located before our newly created Signing task:
The purpose of moving this task to the step before, is to allow us to select the Signing task when setting up our Auto chase email.
Assign the Sender and Recipient, and write your email template. Tick the box next to Auto chase?
Navigate to the Auto chase tab to choose your frequency and select the Signing request task we have set up :
And finally set the dependency on the same task as before so that this task becomes Ready at the same time as the Signing request task:
To set up an Auto chase for an upload request will follow the same steps except that the task type will be set to Upload documents and the task will be assigned to the Client.